More About The Treatment
By using a roller covered with tiny micro-needles which penetrate the top layer of the skin and create ‘micro-channels’ that allow skincare products to penetrate and absorb into the deeper layers of skin.
These tiny pin-pricks create a controlled skin injury in order to let the skin rejuvenate itself by sending new fibroblast cells, collagen, and elastin to the surface of the skin. It will plump out fine lines and decrease scarring to name just a few fantastic benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Microneedling can be used to treat several skin conditions and as the treatment uses the body’s own natural healing process it can be used on nearly all skin types. Microneedling can:
- Improve wrinkles, minimize pore size, and induce skin tightening.
- Stimulate collagen production which promotes rejuvenation
- Improve surgical, traumatic, burn and acne scars
- Hyperpigmentation (brown spots and melasma)
- It may also improve stretch marks
It is minimally invasive and requires no downtime, so it is a popular choice – especially once people see the results!
- A topical anaesthetic cream is used before the treatment to make any discomfort minimal. The most sensitive areas tend to be the forehead and upper lip
- During the procedure, you skin may become red and tight and leave you with a feeling similar to having sunburn
- Redness, swelling or minimal bruising after treatment will only last between 24 – 48 hours
- Avoid retinoids and treatments for auto-immune disease for 24 hours before treatment
- Avoid sun exposure to the treated area for 24 hours before treatment
- Avoid this procedure if treatment has occurred with Accutane/Isotretinoin within the last 6 months
Best visible results are seen with a series of at least 4 to 12 treatments, spaced 3 to 6 weeks apart
The complexion becomes more even and brighter over time and there is a continuous improvement overtime in the skin’s overall smoothness and firmness and elasticity, especially when combined with specific medical grade conditioning treatments.
Our packages can be tailored per customer so if you would like to enquire about Microneedling Facial treatment at Glow Beauty Centre, call us now on 01772 795572 or send us a message using the form below.
Please complete all fields marked *